I Dare for Sustainable Development (I Dare)
I Dare for Sustainable Development is a non-for-profit & non-governmental Jordanian organization. As a social venture, the core of I Dare actions is based on social marketing (community change behaviour) from early stages of idea development to the successful achievement of the desired impact.
I Dare believes in youth as the driving force towards development in its comprehensive sustainable concept where social, economic and political dimensions are equally respected. I Dare exists to be the platform for the voice and efforts of young active citizens in transforming their societies to achieve remarkable success in all their endeavors.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/idareorg1
Alternative Narrative Platform: www.idareact.org
Partnering with youth in enabling sustainable peace and security…
Putting the United Nations Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 2250; Youth, Peace and Security into Practice.
Duration: 16 months; Feb. 2017 – May 2018
Location: Jordan, 12 governorates.
Shabab 2250 Project short description: I Dare for Sustainable Development works on preventing hate and violence through motivating individuals and communities to adopt new behaviours. Shabab 2250 project is a practical translation towards having an effective role for youth in the process of sustainable development through building community resilience that is bases on pluralism, forgiveness and dialogue.
Shabab 2250 Project Phases:
- Technical capacity building for youth on three levels; knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- To go through the A.C.T approach through experiential learning process; Acquire, Create, Transform:
- Acquire knew knowledge, skills and attitudes;
- Create youth led initiatives within their own local realities;
- Transform; youth will be able to be part of the positive transformation process on themselves and their own local communities.
- Youth Innovation Hubs (YIH): designing and implementing youth initiatives within local communities.
- Creation of a network of empowered and active youth.
- Contributing to the interactive platform www.idareact.org
- Providing a training-kit and other useful educational tools for self-directed learning.