About Al –Thoria
Al-Thoria Center for Studies, Training and Consultations is a Jordanian non-governmental, independent, scientific and non-profit organization, founded in 2006. Al Thoria Centre aims to achieve a comprehensive social, political, economic and environmental development within the framework of a sustainable development on the basis of a comprehensive long-term developmental vision, dependent on scientific research, providing consultations, building of institutional and human capacities, conducting studies and researches related to sustainable development, holding meetings, conferences, seminars, partnering with governmental, national, and international institutions. Al Thoria Centre is also designing specialized training programs, providing advisory and recommendations on sustainable development with its various dimensions.
About our project
"Investment of Decentralization in Promoting Women's Economic and Social Rights in the Jordanian Badia Areas"
Overall objective(s): Promoting economic and social rights of women in the Jordanian Badia by investing decentralization in Jordan.
- The improvement of women's awareness of decentralization law and its principles, and the socio-economic rights and the relationship between the executive and the local councils and boards of the province.
- Women's acquisition of the needed skills to identify local needs and priorities and the skills to earn the support and advocacy and how to prepare policy papers about economic and social rights of women in the Jordanian Badia and control over need implementation;
- Preparing policy papers to address the economic and social rights of women linked to decentralization;
- Implementation of campaigns to gain the support of economic and social rights for women, under the decentralization system.
Target group: 1) women in The Jordanian Badia (North, Mid, South) within the age group of (18-50). 2) Organizations and women agencies in the Jordanian Badia (North, Mid, South)
- Design and print brochure, folders and Banners that introduce the project, economic and social rights, and decentralization.
- The implementation of field visits to Badia areas to meet women's organizations, woman leaders and activist's to explain the idea of the project.
- Implementation of (18) discussion sessions about decentralization and the economic- social rights of women, and the relationship between the executive, province, municipality and local councils.
- The implementation of (15) workshops on the identification of local needs and priorities and how to control the implementation of requirements.
- Implementation of (15) workshops on the skills of gaining support and advocacy and how to prepare a policy paper for the women who have been trained to identify local needs and priorities.
- The preparation of (9) policy papers to address the economic and social rights of women, and the investment of decentralization to be achieved by women who have been trained.
- Implementation of (6) campaigns to gain the support and the assistance of local communities to issues that have been addressed in the policy papers related to economic and social rights of women and the role of decentralization in their realization.
Organization Facebook: Al-Thoria Studies Center
Organization Website: www.thoriacenter.org