The Jordanian National Centre for Human Rights is seeking one person to work on the project in support of civil society in the following position:
Post Date: 30 Aug 2016
Title: Technical Officer
City: Amman, with frequent field work in all governorates
Contract Duration: 15 Months
Anticipated Starting Date: 1st of October 2016
The Support to Civil Society in Jordan is funded by the European Union and is implemented by the National Centre for Human Rights.
The programme targets specifically the strengthening of the capacity of Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and NGOs to advocate and build awareness among citizens about social, economic, and political rights as well as other policy issues.
The Support to Civil Society in Jordan project is seeking to recruit a Technical Officer to provide support to the program activities by ensuring the efficient design, implementation and compliance of all grants and contracts under the Support to Civil Society in Jordan project with European Union rules and regulations.
This position reports directly to the Imprest Administrator.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Manage and coordinate all grant and capacity building activities, including grant administration, monitoring and closeout;
- Maintain updated grant files and ensure that all grants are well-administered and implemented in compliance with the relevant EU rules and regulations, and project policies and procedures;
- Support all internal coordination of activities related to development and implementation of grants and contracts, including internal certification/clearance procedures, financial monitoring and payment disbursements in a timely manner, as well as, preparation of outreach activities;
- Review of and prepare of grant and contract modifications;
- Serves as contract officer and member of the team responsible for planning, initiating, and negotiating a variety of procurements pertaining to Support to Civil Society in Jordan project activities;
- Regularly monitor, communicate with, and coach grantees to ensure smooth implementation and compliance;
- Assist prospective grantees in preparing responsive applications, as appropriate;
- Provides direct technical support to the program's primary local NGO partners and sub-awardees.
- Coordinates closely with the EU Delegation to ensure grants fit within the overall program goals and objectives in targeted governorates.
- Ensures compliance of all grant activities with EU rules and regulations
- Prepares scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding Civil Society Support Fund and overall project performance.
- Bachelor's degree in management, development or related subjects; Master's degree preferred;
- At least five years of experience in development projects and/or with civil society in Jordan;
- At least three years of experience with sub-grants management, preferably in the Jordan; minimum of two years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of EU regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyse technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether or not applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyse budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and speaking, writing and reading fluency in Arabic and English.
Interested candidates can send their CVs to the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline for submitting applications is 12 September 2016.