The National Centre for Human Rights (NCHR) is searching for a dynamic motivated M&E and Reporting Officer to work for the EU Support to Civil Society in Jordan Project, funded by the European Union.
Kindly find attached the Terms of reference (ToR).
If you are qualified, please send us your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your experience to the following email address with 7 working days: email@example.com
The deadline is Tuesday 14 November 2017
EU Support to Civil Society in Jordan Project
Terms of Reference
|Post Date: 6/11/2017
|Title: M & E and Reporting Officer
|City: Amman, with frequent field work in all governorates of Jordan
|Contract Duration: 9 Months
|Anticipated Starting Date:1st of December 2017
The Support to Civil Society (STCS) in Jordan is funded by the European Union and is implemented by the National Centre for Human Rights.
The programme targets specifically the strengthening of the capacity of Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and NGOs to advocate and build awareness among citizens about social, economic, and political rights as well as other policy issues.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will serve as the main focal person for all monitoring and evaluation related activities for the Support to Civil Societies in Jordan project. She/he will assist and report directly to the Imprest Director regarding the Monitoring and evaluation of all activities implemented under this project. The M&E Officer’s responsibility is to coordinate and support implementation of monitoring and evaluation of all project activities to be conducted in accordance with the Results.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Manage and implement the performance-based monitoring and reporting system to ensure that the targeted outputs and outcomes are achieved in line with relevant documents, such as the financing agreement.
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the Civil Society Support Fund and overall project performance with special attention to gender related issues.
- Be the focal person at the PMU for coordination between project level M&E and program level M&E.
- Provide M&E and reporting support to the STCS programme and activities with focus on performance of Grantees of NGOs and CBOs and service contract providers in different geographical areas.
- Ensure compliance with EU reporting procedures and requirements in coordination with the external technical assistance teams.
- Monitor all grantees' activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the expected outputs and outcomes/impact.
- Recommend further improvement for the logical framework of the financing agreement.
- Coordinate all aspects of programme monitoring and reporting ensuring data is of high quality and produced on time.
- Support the collection and reporting of case studies and best practices across the grantees for evidence gathering and format so they are suitable for external audience.
- Monitor project progress through regular field visits, offer feedback and keep regular communication with related field and other staff.
- Support monitoring and evaluation missions commissioned by the European Union.
- Support the programme team to maintain and improve qualitative and quantitative date collection to report on grantees output and outcome indicators.
- Maintain and update grant files and ensure that all grants are well-administered and implemented in compliance with the relevant EU rules and regulations, and project policies and procedures.
- Support all internal coordination of activities related to implementation of grants and contracts.
- Regularly monitor, communicate with, and coach grantees to ensure smooth implementation and progress towards the achievement of the STCS programmes.
- Ensures compliance of all grant activities with EU rules and regulations.
- Accomplish others tasks related for preparing, monitoring and evaluation as per the needs of project assigned by Imprest Administrator.
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, statistics, economics, social sciences, development or any other related subjects.
- At least five three years of experience in development projects and/or with civil society in Jordan;
- At least two years of experience with monitoring, evaluation and reporting, preferably in the Jordan.
- Solid understanding of EU regulations and procedures pertaining to grant management
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Proven record of maintenance and database management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and interpretation. She/he must have ability to write clearly and concisely, and have sound quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and interpreting data).
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and motivational skills and sensitivity to the local environment as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in using MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Good knowledge in using statistical packages e.g. SPSS.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
Duration of Service:
The contract will be for 9 months.
900JD to 1,200 JD